Bayswater City striker David Heagney made an immediate impact after his overseas trip, bagging a hat-trick in their 6-0 National Premier Leagues WA win against Perth Glory at the Intiga Stadium.

The former St Johnstone and Huddersfield Town striker has now scored 13 goals for the season but was not interest in taking all the praise.

“I’ve been itching to get back and start playing and to get the hat-trick today is a great feeling,” he said.

“The service from the lads helped me today – and even the referee for my second. It’s great to be back and we push on to next week. I joined this club to help them win the league and I want to be a winner and we’re all focused on doing that this season.”

The young Glory side were overwhelmed with Todd Howarth bagging a brace against his former employers with Paul McCarthy adding the other.

It was a bright start to the game with both sides having early chances. First on 10 minutes Brian Farrell’s cross picked out McCarthy, whose shot was saved low by Luke Radonich.

Moments later Bor Bor Sambindi burst through two Bayswater players on the left and sent Joe Knowles in on goal. But Bayswater custodian Devon Spence narrowed the angle and blocked the striker’s low shot and recovered well to save from Gian Albano’s follow up shot.

Then on 13 minutes the visitors hit the front. With strikers Steve Burton and Gustavo Giron-Marulanda out suspended, it was the perfect time for Heagney to return to the side and he steered home from 6m Sam Mitchinson’s cross.

Glory keeper Radonich kept his side in the game. The youngster made a stunning save to deny Farrell’s snap shot sixty seconds later, then from the resulting corner he reacted well to turn Chris Saldaris’ shot around a post.

But there was little he could do on 37 minutes when Bayswater doubled their advantage with an assist from referee Josh Mannella. An attempted clearance by the Glory hit the official and the ball ran into the path of Heagney, who curled home superbly from the edge of the penalty area.

The points were affectively wrapped up before the break. Heagney was the provider this time; his run and cross found McCarthy who fired home from close-range to send Bayswater in with a 3-0 lead.

It was much of the same after the break and Bayswater’s pressure was rewarded with a fourth goal on the hour. Howarth’s shot was deflected into the path of Heagney, who claimed his hat-trick, while Glory defenders had stopped in anticipation of an offside flag.

Three minutes later Bayswater added a fifth. Glory failed to clear their lines from a corner and the ball was fed to Howarth, who made no mistake.

It was one-way traffic and Bayswater made it 6-0 on 73 minutes. Hargreaves’ corner found Trent Kay, whose shot was blocked, but not cleared and Howarth was on hand to fire home from close-range.

The Glory went close late but with the goal at his mercy Nic Talimdzioski headed wide at the back post.

The win sees Bayswater maintain their two point advantage from Perth SC at the top of the table with only two games remaining.

Perth Glory 0
Bayswater City 6 (Heagney 13’, 37’, 60’, McCarthy 42’, Howarth 63’, 73’)
Saturday 9th August 2014
Intiga Stadium, Inglewood
Attendance: 100
Referee: Josh Mannella
Assistants: Nico Hoyle and Shane Skinner

Perth Glory: GK Luke RADONICH, 2 Josh TUCKER (12 Matt NTOUMENOPOLOUS 64’), 3 David STOKOE (17 Nic TALIMDZIOSKI 64’), 4 Rocco PIZZATA, 5 Sean TROUP (14 Mark BARNETT 84’), 6 Blamo QUA QUA, 7 Bor Bor SAMBINDI, 8 Jacob COLLARD, 9 Joe KNOWLES, 11Gian ALBANO, 10 Slob VULIN

Subs not used: RGK Ryan BARKER, 16 Anthony BAFOBUSHA
Yellow Cards: Qua Qua 37’, Stokoe 40’