A goal in the 90th minute from Melbourne Victory striker Archie Thompson has seen Kevin Muscat’s side leave with all three points in Saturday’s Round 23 Hyundai A-League clash at the nib Stadium.

A goal in the 90th minute from Melbourne Victory striker Archie Thompson has seen Kevin Muscat-s side leave with all three points in Saturday-s Round 23 Hyundai A-League clash at the nib Stadium.

The home side opened the scoring on 26 minutes, Michael Thwaite-s header was deflected into his own net by Mark Milligan. The Victory captain then levelled for his side 12 minutes later, from a soft looking penalty, but Thompson had the last word, firing low past Jack Duncan after a slide rule pass from James Troisi.

The Glory made one change to the side that drew against Wellington Phoenix last week with Jamie Maclaren coming in for the injured Shane Smeltz. They suffered another injury blow in the warm up, with youngster Daniel de Silva pulling out; his place on the bench going to Adrian Zahra.

The visitors made four changes to the side that beat Central Coast Mariners last week, Milligan, Adama Traore, Nick Ansell and Tom Rogic all coming into the starting line-up.

It was a bright opening for the home side and Sidnei fired wide after only five minutes, before Jack Clisby-s shot from the edge of the penalty area flew over the top.

The Glory looked on song, and on 12 minutes Rostyn Griffiths and Sidnei combined to set up Nebojsa Marinkovic, whose low shot was well saved by Lawrence Thomas.

Long-range shots from Michael Thwaite, after a Cruyff-like turn in the middle of the park, and Griffiths came to nothing, before Gui Finkler-s 20-yard free kick flashed wide of the target for the Victory, after Jacob Burns had brought down Rogic.

Then will 28 minutes gone, after a period of sustained pressure, the Glory hit the front. Marinkovic-s corner picked out Thwaite, whose header from six-yards, bounce of the knee of Milligan and into the net to set off wild celebrations in the crowd.

The Victory looked to hit back immediately and Rogic-s shot tested Jack Duncan on the half hour, but the young Glory custodian was up to the task and tipped the ball around the post. Then from the resulting corner Pablo Contreras headed over from close-range.

But against the run of play, the Victory levelled with a dubious penalty. Troisi, who was a handful all night, wriggled his way into the area and fell under a challenge from Matthew Davies, and referee Shaun Evans pointed straight to the spot. There looked little contact between the players, but Milligan held his nerve to fire low past the outstretched hand of Duncan.

The Victory ended the half the better and Duncan had to be alert to save Troisi-s shot from 10-yards, so at the break it was all square.

Both sides had early chances in the second half. Marinkovic-s curling shot flashed wide of the target for the home side, before Thompson headed wide for the visitors.

Then on 54 minutes, Finkler played in Troisi, but his shot was saved low by the young Glory keeper, before Sidnei was sent racing clear by Marinkovic, and his cross shot was pushed away by Victory keeper Thomas.

Troisi was having a great game, and his snap shot from the edge of the penalty area after 69 minutes, was tipped over the bar by Duncan, and five minutes later Davies was alert clear his close-range shot.

The Glory were pressing late, but it looked like the points would be shared, before Victory managed to get the decider in the final minute. Troisi received the ball on the edge of the penalty area and played a slide rule pass into the path of Thompson, who beat the last defender and fired low past Duncan, and celebrated with the corner flag.

It was a bitter blow for the home side, who now must re-group for next week-s road trip to the Pirtek Stadium on Sunday to take on Western Sydney Wanderers.

Hyundai A-League – Week 23

Perth Glory 1 (O-G – Milligan 26-)

Melbourne Victory 2 (Milligan 38-, Thompson 90-)

Venue – nib Stadium
Attendance – 7,068
Referee – Shaun Evans

Perth Glory – GK Jack DUNCAN, 2 Jack CLISBY, 5 Rostyn GRIFFITHS, 7 Jacob BURNS, 8 Nebojsa MARINKOVIC (14 Steven MCGARRY 80-), 10 Jamie MACLAREN (28 Darvydas SERNAS 66-), 16 Sidnei SCIOLA MORAES (35 Adrian ZAHRA 74-), 17 Chris HAROLD, 23 Michael THWAITE, 24 Matthew DAVIES, 36 William GALLAS

Subs not used – RGK Luke RADONICH, 3 Brandon O-NEILL

Yellow Cards – Griffiths 32-, Sidnei 38-, Burns 45+1-, Davies 74-)

Melbourne Victory – GK Lawrence THOMAS, 2 Pablo CONTRERAS, 3 Adama TRAORE, 4 Nick ANSELL, 5 Mark MILLIGAN, 6 Leigh BROXHAM, 7 Gui FINKLER (16 Rashid MAHAZI 92-), 10 Archie THOMPSON, 14 James TROISI, 21 Tom ROGIC (9 Kosta BARBAROUSES 69-), 24 Scott GALLOWAY (25 Jason GERIA 79-)

Subs not used – RGK Nathan COE, 22 Jesse MAKAROUNAS

Yellow Cards – Nil