Perth Glory is pleased to announce its proposal to establish a new members and supporter consultation group that it hopes will allow fans to help shape the Club’s future through regular and constructive discussion with senior club officials.
Perth Glory is pleased to announce its proposal to establish a new members and supporter consultation group that it hopes will allow fans to help shape the Club-s future through regular and constructive discussion with senior club officials.
The “Perth Glory Supporters’ Consultative Committee”, which was one of the Five “Next Steps” discussed at the Club-s Members Forum held last week, is proposed to be made up of up to 12 fans who will represent all of the major stakeholder groups amongst our membership and supporter base in and around Perth.
It is proposed that it will meet a minimum four times a year at the Club-s offices with senior executive staff – with members of the board to be present for at least two of those meetings – to discuss the issues that most affect them and the members and supporters they represent. It is anticipated that like the Perth Glory Community Liaison Committee, which comprises of representatives from over 20 local football clubs that meet with our Community Department to work on the many programs and projects that they implement across over 100 schools and deal with over 20,000 children and various charities each year, it will involve continual and ongoing dialogue and interaction with the Club as well as the actual implementation of various initiatives.
The minutes of each meeting will be published online for all of our supporters to read within five days of the quarterly meetings. An annual report of the Perth Glory Supporters’ Consultative Committee will also be published and made available to all supporters through the Club-s website.
The initial aims will be:
1. The establishment of a committee comprised of members and supporters enabling direct communication in a structured and orderly manner
2. To assist the Club in better appreciating the issues that most affect and concern our members and supporter base
3. To provide the Club-s executive management the opportunity to explain the basis of major decisions to key supporter representatives
4. To give the Club-s members and supporters the opportunity to play a key role in helping us achieve success on and off the pitch
5. To provide a greater degree of transparency about key issues that affect supporters
From a long term perspective the aims are:
1. To enhance the relationship between Perth Glory and our members and supporters
2. To help ensure members and supporters feel their loyalty is valued by the Club
3. To help improve Perth Glory for the benefit of all members and supporters
It is proposed that an application process be run to appoint the committee members to ensure that the different communities and backgrounds of our members and fans are represented on the Committee. Applications are sought from supporters wishing to represent the following groups: existing members and fans in Perth, local fans and supporters groups, corporate partners, families, disabled fans, and supporters aged under 18s and over 60s.
To nominate yourself for the supporters committee please send your details to email@example.com