It’s that time of the week again when we empty out a little bag of stats just to whet the appetite ahead of the next game.
On Sunday, of course, we actually have two games to look forward to in the form of a Hyundai A-League and Westfield W-League double-header.
So, as we prepare to tackle the Central Coast Mariners and Melbourne City respectively, here’s a double serving of key stats!
- Shane Lowry is set to make his 50th Hyundai A-League appearance for Glory. Five of those appearances have come against the Mariners, ending in two Glory wins and three Glory defeats.
- Lowry leads Glory’s stats for both clearances (30) and blocks (5) made so far this season
- Glory are the Westfield W-League’s leading scorers with eight goals and have the highest shot conversion rate with 32%, plus the highest shooting accuracy level with 52%
- The Mariners have not won on any of their last seven visits to nib Stadium and Glory have averaged three goals per game during that run of results
- Melbourne City lead the Westfield W-League in terms of passing having completed the most passes (1454) with the highest degree of accuracy at 79.8%
- Lauren Barnes has contributed 79 of those passes for City, while Glory’s leading passer is Alyssa Mautz with 69
- Glory are the strongest starters in the Hyundai A-League this season having scored a competition-high four goals in the opening 30 minutes of games
- Melbourne City’s Jasmyne Spencer is the joint-leading goalscorer in the Westfield W-League this term with three, while American duo Alyssa Mautz and Rachel Hill have both found the net twice for Glory
- Neil Kilkenny currently dominates Glory’s passing stats, leading the way in terms of passes attempted (209) and passes in the opposition half (124)
- Only two penalties have been conceded across the entire Westfield W-League this season, both by Glory in the 4-4 draw away at Canberra United
- Glory lead the A-League in terms of number of crosses (62) and accuracy of those crosses (35.5%)
- Melbourne City are yet to keep a clean sheet in the W-League so far this year, while Glory kept their first against Western Sydney Wanderers last weekend
- Neither Glory nor the Mariners have scored a headed goal so far this term
Grab your tickets for Sunday’s huge double-header HERE.
Kick off for the A-League game is 4.00pm and for the W-League game, it’s 6.45pm.