The two-star PGFC Academy is currently looking to recruit suitably-qualified coaches to join its coaching staff.
See below for full details of the positions available and how to apply…
PGFC Academy Coach
Academy Head Coach / Assistant Coach
Director of Football & Academy Technical Director
Perth Glory HQ
203 Underwood Avenue
Floreat, WA 6014
To be part of the Academy coaching department responsible for the delivery of the Academy program to maximize the opportunities for young players to reach their full potential in line with the Academy vision and philosophy.
To facilitate an important role with the maturation of our junior players to become good people and positive role models within our community.
To aid with the development of players to a professional level for both Perth Glory Football Club and the Australian National Teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide high standard coaching to a respective age group, educating the players in line with the Perth Glory Football Club Academy philosophy and methodology.
- To ensure that all Academy players adhere to the Perth Glory Football Club values and show a high level of respect and discipline.
- Design, deliver and evaluate three to four engaging and educational training sessions per week.
- Prepare the team for all Perth Glory Academy fixtures as per request of the Academy Technical Director.
- Assist with recruitment and squad selection process.Attend coaches meetings, workshops or additional training nights at the direction of the Academy Technical Director.
- Opportunities to attend tournaments and overseas tours at the request of Perth Glory Football Club.
- Reporting on individual & team progression and performance.
- Manage and deliver video analysis of games and training sessions.
- Ensure any professional ventures (ie Coaching positions) conducted outside of Perth Glory Football duties are declared to the Director of Football and the Academy Technical Director.
Essential Skills and Characteristics
- Energetic, highly motivated, enthusiastic and considerate.
- Can communicate consistently, openly and honestly in any situation.
- Understands and competently works in a team environment across various departments within a football structure including but not limited to, Strength & Conditioning, Physiotherapists, Coaches, Analysts, logistics.
- High levels of communication skills, both orally and written.
- Personable and enthusiastic with a strong work ethic.
- Sensitive to the needs of young players and their parents / guardians.
- Organised and have excellent time management skills.
Education, Training and Entrance Requirements.
- Working with Children check.
- Police clearance.
- Clean Australian driver’s license.
- Minimum ‘B’ Licence with intent to obtain ‘A’ Licence. (AFC or UEFA).
- Availability to travel into broader metropolitan and regional areas when requested by Academy Director.
- Available on evenings and weekends.
- Flexible with availability and associated working hours.
- To be advised dependent on the coaching position.
Please indicate the position which you are applying for:
☐Academy Head Coach.
☐Academy Assistant Coach.
Applications close on Friday 23rd August.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
Only applicants who hold the current Education, Training and Entrance requirements will be considered.
In responding to the selection criteria, applicants should consider the context and scope of the position and should demonstrate appropriate skill levels and knowledge.
To apply for the above positions please also provide a brief cover letter, current resume, a copy of your “B” Licence Certificate and include details of two contactable referees via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shortlisted candidates will be notified by return email.